Nothing can complete a room more than the warmth and comfort of a rug, especially if it is designed by you! A beautiful custom rug can help define a room by bringing the style, color and decor together as well as protecting your hard surface flooring.
K & N Carpet offers different options to help you find the solution for the overwhelming task of selecting a custom-sized rug. Let us help you create that beautiful rug for your home through one of our Custom Rug Programs or utilize our own Carpet Binding service.What is Carpet Binding?
Carpet binding modifies the edges of a carpet with fabric or stitching around the perimeter of a rug, protecting the edges of the carpet to keep it from unraveling or fraying. Carpet binding application can be done through serging or by binding. Serging is wrapping the edge of the carpet with yarn or stitching, and binding is protecting the carpets edge by applying fabric or binding tape to it.Benefits of a Custom-Sized Rug or Carpet Binding
A custom-size rug helps you complete the design in a room or a space as well as offering you some other great benefits. Just to name a few:
- Select the desired carpet and color: plush, texture, broadloom, frieze or berber
- Choose rug size and shape to fit your room or space
- Design a rug with one or more borders
- Turn carpet remnants into useful area rugs or use carpet left from a previous installation
- Brings personality, comfort and style to any room
- Apply felt or nonslip backing application, optional
- Provides protection for hardwoods, laminate or tile floors